Work with us
Search results for : leher
Leher is a child rights organization, working to make child protection shared responsibility. We believe that when caring families, alert communities and responsive governments come together, child will be protected. Since 2013, we have been creating engaging content, campaigns and properties to raise the profile of child rights in India and we are looking for a creative, outgoing, motivated and eager-to-learn individual to join our communications team.
LOCATION: MUMBAI (Work from home) – ONLY APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES BASED/WILLING TO BE BASED OUT OF MUMBAI WOULD BE CONSIDERED.
Leher is looking for a Manager, Communications excited about delivering fresh and innovative content/ ideas, to work closely with our team, content contributors and partnerships, to oversee and manage Leher’s content, aesthetic and voice.
You will report directly to the Head, Communication and closely with the communications/content strategy for Leher, to manage the following executions and thinking:
- Assisting to select and assign trending topics to content, campaigns and collaborations, to tap online and offline audiences
- Regularly analysing online content that present ideas and opportunity for content, engagement strategies, develop/execute social & user engagement campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (and adapt to new media)
- Assisting to create stories, blogs, photo stories, newsletters, infographics and overall content briefs for key contributors and collaborations
- Responsible for content partnerships/ collaborations and maintaining strong relationships and daily communication with them regarding direction of content
- Developing strategies to increase reach and traction on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube by outlining a content editorial calendar and conceptualizing strategies to increase audience participation
- Networks and collaborates with key influencers to create relevant content and interactive media experiences through social media platforms
- Working with writers, photographers, illustrators, volunteers/ interns amongst others to ensure quality of content
- Pitching, writing and editing for campaign content
- Taking on online and offline events, campaigns and innovative ideas to engage large audiences
- Creating weekly task lists to the Head, Communications which include ideas, plan and suggestions for work
- Undertaking travel within and outside the city or any other job required for the fulfillment of tasks
What You Should Have
- Education/ Background in Journalism/ Communications/ Marketing
- Minimum 3 years experience in publishing or digital media as a writer/ editor/ reporter making strategic contributions to the organization’s growth
- Has the ability to plan sharp, innovative campaigns and be able to quickly adapt those strategies in response to viewer feedback
- Must possess a great ‘voice’ online that is respectful, engaging and personable in order to retain visitors and engage them in one-on-one interactions
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Working knowledge of photoshop, illustrator, moviemaker and indesign would be an addition/welcome
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social” and working knowledge of wordpress
- Strong analytical reasoning skills and an ability to think and execute strategically
- An ability to view things from a macro level and think strategically as well as systematically
- Good writing/ copy-editing/ proofreading skills
How to Apply
Please send across your resume, previously published writing samples, a cover letter detailing why you want (and think you’re right for) this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application: Manager, Communications’.